Self Care is Health Care:
5 Easy Steps to Take of Yourself When You’re Busy.
Life can get hectic sometimes. In those chaotic moments, it’s important that we remember to take care of ourselves and our well-being. Self care is how we do that. Self care does not have one specific meaning, it can be whatever makes YOU feel GOOD! What relaxes you, replenishes you, energizes you, lifts your mood? That’s your self care.
Here’s some easy self care ideas you can try:
- Create a morning routine and stick to it. This is how you can set the tone for the day and make sure you are in the right head space!
- Go for a walk daily. Get at least 15 minutes of physical activity a day to keep your body and energy feeling good. Bonus of going on a walk is getting vitamin D from the sun!!
- Treat yourself every now and then! Get that dessert, buy those shoes, have that glass of wine. Treating yourself is rewarding yourself and it will always feel good!
- Unplug from electronics. Try to do this daily, it’s a great way to stay present and give your mind a break from social media life and emails. It can also be a major stress reliever!
- Write out your goals. What do you want to accomplish and by when? Getting thoughts out and onto paper can take a big weight off of your shoulders and make a huge difference in clearing your mind.
Try to incorporate some of these steps into your daily routines and see how you feel afterwards! If you don’t have a self-care routine now is the perfect time to make one. Figure out what YOUR self care looks like!